As of September 18th. I have a hard time believing it. It’s been a fast, busy year. It feels like we accomplished nothing-but that’s not true.
So what did change this last year?
- Installed kitchen cabinets and a counter top
- Got a screen door (hallelujah)
- Got a gun cabinet
- Got a stove and oven
- Started a wash house
- Planted and failed at a garden (mice)
- Lost a mud oven to rain
- Got closer to finishing the chicken coop
- Built a hanging garden (for next year!)
- Installed an outdoor grill
- Hauled in bricks and flat stone for a patio
- Relied more on solar and less on generator power for daily use
- Had to replace the solar batteries for the first time
- Took a lot more outdoor showers
- Continued to reduce belongings
- A better cooler system (rack to separate veggies from meats)
A few things completed, right?!
What I thought we would have completed:
- Water collection system
- Chicken coop + chickens
- Patio laid
- Wash house built and in use
All big projects–that all take time & money.
Do I still love living here and this way? Yes, yes, & yes. I am still learning? Everyday. It’s still a challenge–but a fun challenge.
Goals for year 3? Everything I thought we would complete this year! And I’d like to get my off-grid book written.
We will see what happens in the next year-so stay tuned!
Love & light!